Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Monday 14 July 2008

Inter-Services Triathlon 2008

The main triathlon event for the UK services is the Inter-Services Triathlon, to be held on Wednesday 16 July 2008. This is a Standard Distance race comprising 1500m swim, 40k bike, 10k run. However, I think the bike distance on Wed is 44k – don’t ask me why!

The Army have been victors in this competition for the past few years; the RAF last won in 2002. With some RAF fast men out through injury and lack of allegiance (I won’t mention any names……ok Andy Fisher?!), the RAF troops are up against it this year too. Some of the younger RAF triathletes (well. Younger than me!) are really improving fast, and it can’t be long before we beat the Army at the Inter-Services; we can but do our best.

We have a strong ladies team and Vicky Webb may well challenge for the Ladies Title!! No pressure!

Race well!! Report will follow.

3 comments:

Turbo Man said...

Long bike legs are the way to go; it's especially designed to stop Lonsy from beating me. That said, I'm sure it's the same course as 3 years ago and I measured that at 39 point something. Unless age is catching up with my memory ...

Iron Girl said...

I'm heading up to Tallington early tomorrow (via a lake for a sneaky open water swim) and if I'm not needed to help with the event I'm going to do a lap of the bike course. I'll see what my speedo records. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the course is short.

Kelda said...

Good luck one and all. Long bikes without commensurately long runs (and swims if it comes to it) are unfair and against the true spirit of triathlon! So there!

Sags your programme between now and Almere sounds good but you must reign back on the intensity of your intervals, replacing them with longer long course race pace efforts! I think Daz is mad doing a standard one week after a half and two weeks before long course.

Kevin won't have me race inside 3 weeks before a major long course event. Currently doing 2 large overload weeks which include multiple 3 hour plus rides and a day that will be HIM next Tuesday, so similar to your programme.

Beat the Army, please!