Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 3 July 2008

I Have Perfected the Art of Swimming ......

....very badly!! Further to my last post, where a glimmer of hope returned, with regard to my swimming, after today's swim session I have my doubts!! It was quite a hard session and I was reduced to a drowning man during the main set. Here is the session:

Warm up
2 x 200m F/c 15secs rest after each one
2 x 75 F/c 10 secs rest not flat out steady pace
2 x 50 f/c 10 secs rest
2 min rest

Drills
4 x 50 catch up.
4 x 75 countstroke 15secs rest each one NO SPEED
8 x 25 doggie paddle fists 10secs rest
4 x 50 countstroke 20secs rest each one

Main Set
2 x 100m f/c on 2min
4 x 50 on 50 smooth strokes please dude
8 x 25 paddles if you can on 30 secs target 18 secs or less
4 x 75 on 1 min 15 may be tight then add 5 secs
1 x 200 target 3min 10
4 x 50 fins and paddles on 45

Warm Down
4 x 50 catch up 15secs rest
4 x 25 doggie paddle alt fist and open hand
4 x 25 countstroke relaxation long and smooth
100 f/c as slow as you like

Real swimmers will say it is an easy session but that rules me out......it was hard!

In contrast, bike training is going ok. I did a nice turbo session yesterday of 3 x 15 mins with 5 mins recovery. The first two 15 min reps were at 290W and the third 15 min rep was at 300W. That was hard mentally but manageable. Check out the slow guy I past on my warm down....


Sure, he had all the gear. Didn't quite catch his name......Prance....or something like that.
Train well bloggers

5 comments:

Turbo Man said...

I'm going "wibble" just reading that.

Mate, I know I nag you a lot about rest etc but you seem to be doing a hard session in one or other discipline every day at the moment. You do need to back off regularly to allow the body to recover and become stronger.

Nag over. For now.

Train smart buddy, train smart.

Sags said...

I had a very easy day on Tuesday - just an easy 25 mile spin. This is a scheduled hard week for me.....well I decided last Monday that it would be a hard week! Does that count as scheduled?

You know the cheeky turbo/run session planned for today - report to follow. A nice EZ open water swim this evening if all goes to plan.............which it never does!

Michael said...

You need a day or two off. Even I have a day of it's called friday and it's the day the house is cleaned the garden tidied and I put my feet up with a takeaway and a glass of rose in the garden and enjoy the fruits of my labour.

Seriously have a day away with the girls, relaxing and enjoying bowling, cinema, Alton Towers and leave the trainers, bikes and swim stuff behind and have a mental and physical release.

Have a treat as well, I have a chocolate orange with my name on at home waiting.

Daz Sharpe said...

never have a day off sags, that way you will be so tired that we can all beat you!!

Turbo Man said...

Tinman

I bet that chocolate orange doesn't have your name on - I bet it's "Terry's"!