Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 6 May 2023

Update

Another week ticked off. And another interrupted week due to work. I bagged a reduced strength session on the Tuesday and a longish 13k run early Wednesday morning after sleeping in the van in Bristol. I was tired but this run was actually ok. I completed a comprehensive warm up and activation drills before starting the run proper. Bit sis this make a difference. I felt much more fluid. I also mixed the run up as 1k easy, 2k steady by feel. Assuming g structure helped too so there’s a couple of lessons to take away! 

On Friday after an easy day Thursday (but another work trip) I wanted to wake the legs up and did 8 x 400 ish on the park paths. Didn’t feel great really and was only marginally faster than the 6 x 800 pace I achieved last week. But lack of sleep and not drinking enough had a part to play. I wanted a bike session straight after the 400s but work got in the way again 🤨. So did a hard bike today (Saturday) as a Zwift race. The legs were fatigued but I pushed through. So that’s it now: some easy days before the Clayton 10k. I want to be fresh for this and 4 sleeps should do it - let’s hope they are good quality sleeps. 

I have some new Nike shorts and vest to run in on Wednesday. So I’ll look smart . . Even if I end up slow. 



No comments: