Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 18 May 2023

Nearly Time for Target Race - Am I Creaking?

My last post was another positive report from the Clayton 10k. Really happy happy with that race. Yes,  things have gone well and my running is in the best place in recent years.  My biking has taken a back seat but I don’t think it’s in a bad place for my main immediate goal - Darley Moor Sprint Duathlon (draft legal). With just 10 days to go I’m finishing the last couple of key sharpening up sessions. First was a track session yesterday, which was 6 x 800 with 2 min RI. It actually went well in terms of times and pace. Average was around 2:48 and 3:28 per/k. But the legs felt kind of spasm not quite right.

 I’d felt like this the previous Sunday when I rode a threshold session to test the 10 mile K48 TT course that I’m racing this Saturday. This got me wondering if I’ve over cooked it. After the track session I’ve had some tightness in my right foot arch. Am I pushing too hard to ‘peak’ for the Duathlon? My recovery seems to be taking longer than normal. And it’s normally long anyway! 

This could all be about nothing. Some easy days and then the TT will soon give me the confirmation I need I reckon. Just got to monitor the door to be sure it’s not a niggle that will turn into a full blown injury. There’s nothing more I can do now to gain any more fitness. Tick over and stay healthy ✊😎

No comments: