Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 12 March 2023

Next Race - Nantwich 10k

 A week on from the Cheadle 5 mile race that went ok really I’ve decided not to race the Shrewsbury Duathlon in a couple of weeks. It’s an afternoon race and a bit too short with both runs of 2.5k. But instead I’ve entered the Nantwich 10k in 2 April. So only 3 weeks away and the chance to build some more solid sessions. Last week has gone well and I’ve packed in some conditioning, long run, long bike, fartleck bike/run brick. I’m aiming for a decent track session on Wednesday so I’ll take a couple of easy days to make best use of the intensity of this session. 

I’ve done some leg openers running drills and strides today off the turbo session done as tempo with above threshold efforts in the segments and sprints. 



That felt good, even after the long run Friday and long ride Saturday - both done with some fatigue in the legs from conditioning. 

Overall, I’m very pleased with the form at the moment. As for the 10k I think I have the form to go close to 38 min. Obviously conditions etc come into play but if the course is indeed fast, my Cheadle 5 pace equates to 38 min. So let’s have that as a stretch target ✊


No comments: