Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 5 March 2023

Race - Cheadle 5 Mile Road Run

 My last blog explained the week build up I’d had, with a strange hip niggle that appeared and then clears up! So essentially had a taper for this race that was meant to be a training event. Thankfully, I felt fresh and not stale. 

Result: 7th overall. 1st AG. Time: 30:42. 





I’m happy enough with that. In my head, I want sub-30 min to still clock sub-6 min miles but those days are behind me now I reckon. Got to just focus on being the best I can be. The course is lumpy so no idea if there could be faster races in me on the right course. But I felt strong and lives the Nike Alphaflys. My legs were roast in the last 800m though, which I suppose is how it should be. 

Next race is a sprint duathlon in Shrewsbury. Looking forward to this but the Met Office forecasting ice and snow to come. I’ll not race if it’s bad. Hoping for an early spring sunny day! 

No comments: