Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 18 March 2023

Super Shoes



A while back I blogged the purchase of a pair of Nike Alphafly 2 super shoes. This purchase was after finding a deal for a pair of Tempo Next%, which are basically the training version of the Alphafly. 


I raced in the Alphaflys at the recent Congleton 10k and the Cheadle 5 mile event. I really like these shoes. They are fast and springy yet cushioned too. But there is also a lot of hype surrounding the Nike Vaporfly. These are meant to be lighter and less clumpy but just as fast. 

So now I’ve managed to bag a bargain deal for a pair of the Vaporfly 2s. Today I did a run/bike/run session with the runs as 10 x acceleration strides. I switched between the 2 shoes for batches of 2 strides to compare the feel. My legs are pretty shot from conditioning yesterday so perhaps this test needs to be repeated. Overall the Alphaflys were just more snappy and cushioned better. But as I said I need to properly test the Vaporflys with fresh legs. 

I’m thinking of doing a park run next Saturday as a run TT. I’ll see how the track session goes on Wednesday! 

No comments: