Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 27 January 2019

Race Bike Resurrection

Well, after getting my trusty race TT bike serviced and packed up for the trip, to Saudi back in July 18, I finally got round to unpacking it and putting it back together. Although it's 10 years old this year, I still really like this bike. True, compared to the current trend of stealth understated bikes it does look kind of retro already I suppose! You got to admit that it looks cool.... Right? I was eager to ride it again so I threw it on the rollers and... Yikes! I was all over the place! I'm now reasonably proficient on the rollers but I guess the different geometry and feel of the TT bike really makes difference. Best I get some miles in on the road to get used to this ride again! Training is still going well and I have invested in some fins to assist my swim drills. Hopefully I can improve further in the water. Running is also feeling good. I've got my eye on the Newcastle 10k road race in April. Its local but not a fast course. But could be a decent form indicator. Let's see what happens.

No comments: