Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 22 January 2019

Visiting VO2 Max Land

I completed my first VO2 max session today (22/01/19) since I can't remember! And, yes, it hurt. Basically, the session was 2 min at a target 120% of FTP with 3 min RI. 6 sets of this followed by 5 min sweetspot. It was pretty cold on the rollers and I only really started to feel lubricated towards the end of the 45 min session (GCN session). So I decided to start again and repeat the session. The power numbers were far better the second time through; plus the extended session actually made for a great strength endurance session. The 5 min sweetspot second time through was actually easier whilst producing increased power. So the lesson here is to ride really hard for 45 min before starting a sweetspot session! Game on 8-)

No comments: