Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Gravel Ride?. . . . Longing for Dual Carriageway TT RIde!

Today I took a rare excursion outside on the Merlin Gravel bike. No real plan to the ride other than just explore. I had about an hour to ride until I was due at the pool for a drill set. So with small rucksack on carrying trunks, goggles etc I pedalled off in search of gravel tracks. The Merlin bike is a gravel steed and it actually feels far better off road than on the tarmac. Whilst it is heavier than my other bikes, you don't really feel the weight on the tracks. I found Silverdale Country park, which is about 5k from my house. It was a real find as there were plenty of tracks to explore and it is quite lumpy too. All in all I really enjoyed the experience (and I didn't fall off!). It's a great option to ride off road just to get the miles in. I do, however, yearn for a decent dual carriageway to hit on the TT bike. Maybe in the summer I can return to the TT circuit 8-)

No comments: