Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 16 January 2019

Maybe in Decent (ish) Shape?

The 9-day training week continues and I'm now starting week 3 (so 18 days complete). This method shouldn't really make that much difference, but I do find myself possessing increased motivation. Swimming is going well and I'm producing improved times in training. The power numbers have increased on the bike too - as long as I'm fresh, that is. I'm sort of falling into a routine of just a swim if I'm feeling fatigued. Yes, this goes against what I said previously about not treating swimming as recovery. But I seem to be adapting to training overall and recent run sessions indicate a reasonable turn of speed. Hopefully, I can employ some reverse periodization and build some longer sessions soon. Next on the agenda, maybe a park run 5k as a run test. I'm liking recording training on strava and even bagged a CR run on a segment at Lyme Valley Park (must have been a soft previous record!) after a rough session on the rollers. Mmmm mm.... Thoughts turn to racing.....

No comments: