Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Monday 7 January 2019

Bike/Run Training

My last post detailed a 9-day training methodology. Today was the end of the first week (of 9 days). So how did it feel? Fatigued. I think my taking an easy day as swimming has added to my fatigue. Today I did my normal bigger session as a bike/run and struggled on the roller session to hit expected power. However, on the run, whilst fearing another struggle, I actually ran ok - for an old guy! I try to be reasonably fresh for this weekend session to get the most benefit but I suppose there is also benefit in completing the session whilst fatigued - as long as rest follows. The session was a descending pyramid on the rollers as: Warm up 2 x 8 min 190W 2 min spin 6 min 200W 2 min spin 4 min 210W 2 min spin 2 min 220W The run off the bike was the same format, aiming to increase the pace whilst descending effort time. I will complete this session again as a test set and see how the numbers compare.

No comments: