Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Time Ticks BY!

Visited Cheddar Gorge yesterday. What a great place for a hill effort. I made the Gorge climb around 3 miles. I was visiting without bike and just toured the tea shops for coffee and cake. I shall return with bike to ride the Gorge at full pelt though!

Time is ticking by quickly. In the depths of winter, I always yearn for March to come round. March reminds me that the race season is nearly here but when 1st March arrives I normally go EEEKKKK! I am not ready! But since the trauma of moving to Bristol I have gradually built up some decent training, especially on the bike. The running has been consistent but northing intense – just long and slow. Hopefully, some speed can be added later in the year.

My swimming was really coming on pre-move but it is back to struggle at the moment. As with most triathletes, I have turned to a gadget to help me through this bad patch! I have ordered a wetronome. Some regular bleeping in my head is a sure way to swim faster!

Training wise, my biggest worry is the next move, planned for the last week in March. I am sure to be tired and fatigued. Still, I hope to enter the Rutland Sportif (24 April)and ride with JC. Now JC has got some major mileage in his smooth girly legs. I reckon I will really struggle to keep with him over he 100 mile route. My longest ride this year? 44 miles. But not to worry, I will try and grab a few rides that are beyond 70 miles within the next few weeks.

Train well out there! It’s nearly time to dust off the race bike and squeeze into the race lycra 8-)

1 comment:

Coastal Controller said...

There is a 100m Sportive that runs up the gorge; details here...
http://www.blackratcycle.co.uk/product.php/7/3/100_mile_route_details