Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 21 February 2010

That 'DOH!!!!' Moment. . . .


Happened to me on Friday! I was on leave but the logistics of commuting to work via bike and running meant that I had a bike left at work. So, I ran into work early
(8.3 Miles)to collect my bike. I would then spin back home.

Doh!!! I forgot my padlock key. So, I ran back home another 8.3 miles. I was feeling pretty shabby, to be honest, but I had to 'Man Up' as young Frank would say! 2 miles from home a pesky terrier shot out of a bush and proceeded to bite me on the lower calf! I couldn't believe it. The critter pierced the skin too so I need to be mindful of infection.

Saturday was a better day because I got to ride with the BAD Tri group ride. I ended up being beasted by a very nice chap called 'Northern John' (I think that was his name?). He was certainly a very strong bike rider and he ripped my legs off in a very nice way! Really enjoyed it and got around 44 miles don, which is the longest ride for ages for me.

Tired today after those 2 sessions.

Train well!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Doh! never mind just think of the trg value. I hope our desky decides i need to go back to Cyprus 10 days after i arrive back in UK looking at the weather!

Unknown said...

hope the bite is ok? did you then run back to get your bike? a 24.9m training run!