Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 25 March 2010

WoooHooo!! I can Kick!!


Yes! It is true! Today, for some weird reason, whilst swimming my kicking just improved out of all recognition. Anybody that has seen me in the water will know that I am a kind of kick like crazy and get no where sort of guy. Well not any more!! Well chuffed with this development.

I did 200m kicking as part of the warm up and it just felt good. So I then did 8 x 25 on 1 min and tried to increase the pace. I was hitting between 25 and 28 sec. Obviously this is nothing for 'real' swimmers but for me it is like a miracle! The session continued with a mix of kick reps and pull reps. I managed a 200 pull at 2:49 and a controlled fast 100 at 1:21 somewhere in these sets so the swimming is back on track. Only problem is . . . . I move house again on Tuesday next week!! AAGGGHHHHHH. I hate moving!! Especially only 2 months since the last move. Hopefully I can grab small chunks of training to get me through this period without being fatigued.

2 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

you've changed!

Turbo Man said...

That Facebook picture is just ... well ... scary.

Swimming, pwarrr!!!