Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 16 March 2010

How to Scare Your Daughter!

Did a full on turbo session the other night in the garage. My 9 year old daughter was alone in the lounge watching the 9th episode of Hannah Montana on TV.

I was doing a session of 9 x 5 mins as 2 mins effort, 3 mins tempo. The 2 min efforts were VERY hard and pushed to the limit. As I reached the last 10 seconds of the 9th 2 min effort, my daughter strolls into the garage to ask me for a lolly. Oh dear. She got the shock of her life as she looked at the state of me utterly on the limit sprinting flat out and gasping for air like a dying man. Yep, she thought that I was dying and was very concerned and frightened.

I am not the best looking guy when fresh but contorted on the bike I make a very scary picture!! Poor little CJ! Great session though; the legs still hurt today

8-)

5 comments:

Turbo Man said...

I really wasn't sure what to expect when I saw the post title! Good session buddy but don't overdo it.

Sags said...

Too late! 20 mile hard hilly ride and 9 mile run today. Legs complaining now. An EZ swim will help tomorrow.

But it's D Day for Clifton Hill on the single speed in the morning. . . .

Cavegirl said...

So when exactly was that day off you text me about that made you feel dreadful, or did I misread your text?!

Sags said...

Rested really hard on Monday 8-)

Cavegirl said...

mm, hope you got my email about active recovery ...!