Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 28 August 2009

Vuelta Time



It seems like the Tour De France has only just finished, but on Saturday the Tour of Spain (Vuelta) commences. I love watching the big cycle tour races and am ready for some good viewing. The first stage is a 4.8k TT on a pan flat circuit in Assen, Holland. Well, it's near Spain. Actually, it's no where near Spain but visiting other countries seems to be the way that tours tend to plot their race. There must be a financial incentive behind the venues!

I haven't actually logged any training activity on this blog for a while. In fact, I haven't logged any training anywhere since my achilles injury! I have just bimbled along from one Time Trial to another. Now that I am slowly getting back to my running, I suppose I had better get organised. . . Na. . . . more bimbling along me thinks. I have, however, been missing swim training lately. I have not been swimming for over 2 months now and it is going to be hard work (nothing new really) getting back to the H2O. My local pool reopens after refurbishment on 7 Sep. So that is the day of return for me. You never know, I may yet get fit for next years' triathlon season!

Training:

Tuesday - 1 hour average 20mph with some short ramp ups. Averaged 26.9mph for 5 mins but had a tail wind 8-)

Wednesday - Rode out to club 10 mile TT. Very windy. Did TT in 23:48 (dodgy timing as I made it 23:44). Rode home nice and easy for total of 30 miles. Ran 3 miles easy.

Thursday - 30 mins easy run on treadmill. 50 mins easy spin.

Friday - Haven't made my mind up yet! Probably an hour steady bike.

Sat - Plan to go and recce the hill climb TT route that I will ride on Wed at the Club Hill Climb Champs. Maybe run 40 mins EEEEKKKKKKK!

Catch you later

No comments: