Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 7 August 2009

A Strange Week

The weather has been getting me down this week. So much rain!! The club evening 10 mile TT managed to go ahead but everyone got wet at some point. The conditions didn't seem too bad reall - apart from the wet roads. This was proved to be correct as many people rode course PBs. I did not! I was over a minute off my best. Not sure why but found it difficult to get going. Paul Fullalove and Hamish (26:13) both rode to PBs, slashing their previous course bests by some margin! Well done to both of them - Paul is now top dog as his 23:39 beat my 23:53. Nice one Paul!

We all intended to do the Cambridge CC 10 mile TT on the F2a course yesterday but the rain came down in buckets. The event was cancelled and the chance of a spin out on a fast course was lost!

I continue to try and coax my running legs back. After the TT on Wed I ran for 10 continuous minutes. Today, I ran for 12 continuous minutes. Both outings were successful but my injured achilles feels 'different'. I don't have the pain I had previously but there is something still not right. I will continue to build the runs and see what happens. You never know, I may be up to a 30 min run before long!

No comments: