Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 21 August 2009

My New Friend


In my quest to get back to running whilst rehabilitating my achilles injury, I have a new pal - his name is treadmill. I had been running on the grass and road but the treadmill seems ideal for longer runs whilst I am in this transitional period. I managed a massive 26 mins on Tuesday, albeit very slow. My achilles was not great but at least I can hop off and stretch it out with some added weights. The other good thing about the treadmill is the ability to glance down and study my running gait.



Oh dear! As hard as I try, I just cannot stop my knee from dipping inwards. When looking down I can compare my right knee with my good left leg; it is plain to see that alignment on the good leg is spot on, whilst my right leg dips in at the knee. But, surely, I must have been running like this since. . .well. . . since I was able to run! Why is it causing me hassle now?

Wednesday was the club 10 mile TT and I was still using the Xentis 4 spoke wheels. I clocked 23:16, which is only 24 sec off my course PB. The wheels are light and ideal for a lumpy triathlon course but for most TT courses, a disc suits better. Hence last night I finally got my mitts on me new Planet X disc wheel. It is the one I borrowed from Ian Cammish a few weeks ago so I got a decent deal for a second hand wheel that was, essentially, brand new! I have the Open 10 mile TT on the A428 near Papworth tomorrow. Really hoping for some good conditions and a sub-22 min clocking, as is Paul F. Hamish is after a sub-26, which is within his grasp if the wind stays down. Hopefully I will get some piccies from the event too.

3 comments:

Turbo Man said...

Best of luck mate. Nowt wrong with them Planet X discs.

Aano said...

Sub-26! Pfft if the wind is right I want sub-25!

Kelda said...

Sags, you need to see someone about your gait running or you are just going to end up injured again. You deffo need regular massage for a least a few weeks to keep all the muscles stretched out properly and the alignment correct ... I know from bitter experience, and don't hurry back the running and keep giving it at least one day off before running again. And ideally run off a bike, not before, that way everything is warm and looser.