Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 24 April 2009

Self-Pity.......Not Good

Hi bloggers. With all the bad things that happen to people how can I be suffering from self-pity? But I am, despite that fact that I know that my situation is not bad at all when compared to others. Purely for my benefit I will have a quick rant (I am prepared for laughter and ridicule!).

Big intake of breath.......

Injured Achilles still bad so can't run.
Swimming badly.
Cappuccino machine exploded.
Training bike making some very bad noises, despite having just changed the bottom bracket.
Julie's health still not too good. There are bad days and not so bad days - where are the good days?

What a pathetic whinge bag!!

I have recovered ok from the Cambridge Duathlon last Sunday. In fact, the contrast from how I recovered after the National Duathlon Champs is massive. This makes me think that I was fighting off some illness when I raced at Milton Keynes and my Achilles injury was caused by my body fighting off illness.

I even managed to ride the club 10 mile TT on Wednesday and clock 23:59 - only 13 sec off my pb on that course. My bike legs are obviously working as good as ever; so I am off in search of a fast 10 mile TT. I have entered the Shaftsbury 10 on the E2/10 course near Newmarket. This course, so I am told, is at least 1:30 quicker than our club 10 mile course. I don't really believe this as that would give me a 10 mile time of close to 22 min and I don't think that I am capable of that. Young Jase Walkley has entered also and I reckon he could go sub-22 min if conditions are right. Whilst on the subject of Jase, I have a feeling in my bones that tells me that we may see some pretty awesome performances from him this year. His training indicates a great year ahead. He is due a big adaptation after 3 years of very consistent training. This isn't pressure; just a heads up warning!

As I said, my running at the moment is down to zilch. My Achilles is just not good. My swimming seems little better. After all the technique work over the winter I was expecting some progress by now. Apart from feeling more consistent with my stroke, I just seem the same as last year when speed is checked - slow!

Turbo Man has the right idea. Full time cycling?

2 comments:

Turbo Man said...

Sometimes it's easy to only see the debit column when you're adding up your life balances. Maybe a few minutes just looking at some of the positives you have (and I'm sure you have many) will restore some balance.

That said, I'm really enjoying not swimming and am really looking forward to a season of cycling.

Daz Sharpe said...

These trying times are what makes us stronger mate, chin up things will come good soon.
All the best
Daz