Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Monday 13 April 2009

Nothing Works - Not Good




The title says it all. Nothing seems to be working. Since the National Duathlon Champs I just don’t work and something is not right. My calfs played up a few days before the duathlon and I am now thinking that my body is fighting something off – maybe a virus? I have rested with days off and tried some easy sessions. Every time I attempt the easiest of training the legs just ache and are so heavy. What makes me think that there may be something wrong is the fact that when swimming my arms and shoulders feel the same as my legs. So my du result may be the effort that pushed me over the top.

Now anyone who knows me will tell you that I detest being ill or injured! I am, therefore, really trying to focus on being positive and enjoying my abilities – such as they are at the moment! I have a 10 mile bike TT planned for Wed evening. That effort should confirm (or not!) whether I am suffering with something. I also have Cambridge Duathlon on Sunday 19 April. I wanted to do well in this to maybe stand a chance of obtaining a ranking in the National Duathlon series. The final event of the series is at Oulton Park in October. Let’s just see how the next few days go. I sure hate not being able to push hard in training!!

Some of you may know that I have been toying with the idea of getting a new bike. In my present state of mind I am not sure if I am comfort buying! So, to be wise I will stick with my bike I have. I keep feeling that I need an upgrade but it has been a good bike and produced some decent times over the last few years. If I can get close to my 10 mile TT pb on the club course within the next few weeks then I will keep it. By then I may be in a better state of mind too – and more likely to make a sound decision!

Anyway, train well out there and stay happy.
Anyone seen Monsters Vs Aliens 3D? Very funny and worth watching. I watched it with CJ – and you get to wear cool specs too!

3 comments:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Train smart young Sags and listen to your body. :-)

Daz Sharpe said...

Time to listen to your body mate, do as I say not do as I do! I know how you feel at the moment, my mind is extremely willing but the body just aint playing, I think the mind and body have had a fall out!! Play things by ear and see how you feel.

Daz

Turbo Man said...

Eat well, sleep well (not always easy I know!) and the body will recover. No need to rush it.