Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 16 April 2009

The Lost Boys

How crazy can life be! A while back we introduced a little dog to our family. He was a Chinese Crested and very cute. From the off his behaviour was somewhat out of character with the breed. But we carried on and tried to correct the shortcomings. To cut a long story short, he has now been returned to his breeder. This was very upsetting for all of us as the attachments we form with our pets is strong. We liked the breed so we made the decision to try again. This time we thought, after taking advise, that getting a pair would be best so they would be company for each other. So, meet the Lost boys:
Hurley

And Sawyer


You need to watch the TV show Lost to appreciate the names!
On the training front, I have been taking things very easy. I had an ok swim with Nige on Tuesday and then did the first Club 10 Mile TT on the bike yesterday evening. I just don't get it! I have been feeling terrible all week and I go and equal my pb on that course at 23:47. It is not a fast course and I was only 30 sec off the winner - and he is a guy that recorded a 21:54 on a faster course recently! So, there can't be too much wrong with the bike legs. With Cambridge Duathlon this Sunday I hope that the run legs return too! Not much point in doing any hard running between now and then so will just do a few strides and test the calfs out.
I am a bit short on Triangles (RAF Triathlon News mag) content for the next edition. Any Bloggers out there who want to submit an article, please feel free! I am still waiting for the La Santa Tour Report - Nag Nag!
Train well folks.


2 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

best of luck with Hurly and Sawyer mate, hope things work out for you. Glad to see you are returning to form, enjoy the duathlon and good luck.
Daz

Turbo Man said...

Bandit has taken bigger rabbits than those! :-)

We had a troublesome Cyprus Poodle bitch many years ago - a male partner sorted her out (isn't that just the way?).

Rest easy this week and race well this weekend.