Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 11 October 2008

Training Update

Despite my 'easy' week I am feeling quite tired. This is largely due to my doing more tabata intervals during my conditioning session yesterday - I know, I know! I just like doing them! I did my normal conditioning session but substituted my low cadence hill reps on the turbo with 3 mins of tabata intervals. After doing 20 rep squats the tabata intervals totally destroy me! I quite like this feeling but there is no way I can do 2 lots of conditioning and some threshold turbo work in a single week. I think I am going to drop a conditioning session but maintain the tabata intervals. This way I can actually make the Sunday ride with St Ives Cycle Club without feeling too tired.

My calf is getting better and I am continuing to wear my compression socks........as shown in this pick from the Wittering Road Relays:


I completed some easy fast feet during the conditioning session and I am hopeful of full recovery next week. Talking of next week, I am away with work and I will not have internet access. hence there will be a blog drought from Sags Tri life. Normal service shall resume as soon as I return.
Train well bloggers 8-)

No comments: