Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 12 October 2008

Riding With the Real Cyclists

Just a quick update before I leave for Yorkshire for a work duty. I rode with St Ives CC today, as I did last week. I covered 73 miles this time and the weather was far better! I felt less tired too, although there is no easy ride when these guys go out - average nearly 22 mph, with some phaff and waiting for dropped people on the hills! If I am going to continue to train with these guys I need to re-jig my training accordingly. I risk burn out if I try and pack so much effort into my week.

A quick mention about IM Hawaii. What another awesome performance from Chrissie Wellington! She stopped for 10 mins to sort a puncture and still wins by 15 mins with a 2:57 marathon! Amazing.

I will miss my blogging this week but will have an extra big update when I return next weekend. Hopefully, I will be running again. Train well. Blog lots!

No comments: