Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Monday 6 October 2008

A Slight Tweak 8-(

What was I saying about not having any calf pain! After quite a hard week last week I commenced my easy week today. A nice gentle easy run on grass followed by a reduced conditioning session in the gym should do me nicely, I thought. However, as I trotted along my calf started to 'twang' at about 3k into the run. In a typical denial way, I refused to admit that there was any pain! It eased off as I carried on running but it is slightly tender now, right in the Soleus. Best I rest it for a few days to be sure. The good thing about triathlon is that there is always something that can be trained if injured!

With Turbo Man now gone last Sunday looked to be a bleak training ride. The weather forecast was not good ........ unfortunately, the forecasters were actually right and it rained very heavily all morning. It's only water! Get out there and pedal! So I did! I linked up with the local Bike Club who displayed their lack of commitment as only 4 guys turned up for the traditional clubrun - normally they have 2 groups of at least 10 on the road. However, to be fair, they did have some guys away competing in a sportif...........did I say competing? ..........er........I meant participating! Anyway, it rained and we all got soaked but we covered 60 miles. Plenty of bursts up hills etc made for quite a hard ride. Thinking back, my calf is probably complaining because the entire day was full-on. After the ride it was shopping at Tesco, sorting the kids mess, making dinner, washing, cleaning car...... I know, boring stuff! I am just a bit tired!

I have another Swim Shack session on Thursday and I am looking forward to that. My conditioning work in the gym is going ok too. I will soon be up to body-weight for my squats - then the real work begins. The Gym here really need to sort out their treadmills though. I jump on the treadmill and do some fast feet running at 18kph straight after squats and low cadence bike work. Recently, the treadmills have taken to cutting out! This is very alarming! Not sure if anyone has ran off the front of a treadmill before!

I am off to elevate my calf and drink coffee. Train well bloggers.

6 comments:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Recover well young Sags. Keep off your feet and rest up.

Daz Sharpe said...

Take it easy mate and rest that niggle (remember do as I say and not as I do!!!) Need to get it recovered incase you get to run the 10 next month.

Unknown said...

I am sensing an early henlow 10 excuse. lol...
rest well wise one and train SMART!

Iron Girl said...

Watch that calf buddy. If I'd taken Turbo's advice and rested, my 2 month calf injury would have been reduced to 2 weeks. Don't do as I did. I kept going out to test it. But I'm a blonde girl, I'm sure you are far more intelligent than me.

Sags said...

Thanks for the sound advise! I am so bad at resting! No training today due to work commitment - that is good! I will lay off running for a couple of days but I may go blonde.....

Sags said...

Thanks for the sound advise! I am so bad at resting! No training today due to work commitment - that is good! I will lay off running for a couple of days but I may go blonde.....