Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 19 October 2008

Hello Bloggers

G'day bloggers.......... sorry, just thinking of Australia then. Well, it was a busy week up in Yorkshire with work but I did get some key sessions completed. Also, I am back to normal running again after a week off to sort my calf problem.


I was pleased to fit my conditioning session in, although I have modified the content to include tabata intervals on the turbo. This is serious pain - hence I like it! With no rest, I do 20 rep squats followed by tabata intervals for 3 mins, followed by 5 mins fast feet on the treadmill. These 3 exercises are hard............. very hard! I finish the routine with press ups, pull downs and ab/core work. Then I repeat it all again!


I didn't get much swimming done whilst away. The pool was so tiny that I barely had the chance to do very simple balance drills. I plan to catch up on some swim sessions next week.








Today I went out with the local cycle club again. I torture myself and go out with the fast group (there are 3 groups). For the 3rd week we completed 70 miles and it was full on from the very start. I am now wasted......... very tired indeed! We averaged over 23mph for the first half and over 19mph into a mean wind on the return. This training will make me very fit or very ill! My intention is to train all winter with the club - something different that I have not done previously. The pic is me feeling very tired after the ride.



Still, no pain, no gain. Or is it train don't strain?

1 comment:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Take it easy young Sags, we don't want you overtraining and burning out!