Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 1 October 2008

Alternative Training Experiment Continues!

Wow! A week since my last entry! Time is flying by. I have been busy with various things, not least organising the Henlow 10 mile road race. The previous 2 Project Officers sloped shoulders so I agreed to help. It is a big task but a great race; so if you haven't entered yet, do it now!

My training has been going well and I am into my conditioning sessions properly - that means that I now have weight on the bar whilst doing squats! My balance drills in the pool feel good and I return yet again to Swim Shack next week. Maybe I will do some work on moving forwards! I am getting good at bobbing about in the pool, but some forward motion would be nice!

Today was the RAF Road Rely Champs at RAF Wittering. I joined Jamie Elliot and his Brize team, as I could not scrape a team up from Bra/Wyt/Hen. the event was great but not well attended. The course is good (no vehicles) and flat, if a little windy today! True to my training experiment, I took my turbo and completed my long rep session prior to running the last leg of 5k. I was happy with 18:10 but there were some fast boys out there today! Our team actually finished 3rd, thanks to some consistent running from all the Brize guys who were all well under 20 mins. However, as the team was a composite, we did not qualify for the prizes. Oh well, we know that we were 3rd! And yes, I wore my compression socks. And yes, I received abuse. And yes, I am impressed with them, as I have zilch calf pain what so ever - unusual for me.

Time to sleep now.....ZZZZzzzzz

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr Saggers, thanks for joining us yesterday, it was a pleasure to have you onboard as you did run the fastest split of the team!! After thinking about it on the way home, you couldn't of had the slowest split of the final leg (as published) because you overtook 2 pepople?!?!???
Anyway, we now how well we did hey!

Sags said...

Hi Jamie! Nice to see you in Blog land! I was thinking the same thing about the times. 4 of us set off around the same time and they were way back at the finish? Oh well, it was fun and a good training session. A bit sore today so a nice swim at lunch time could help. Train well!

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Yeah, stick with the compression socks! When you run as quick as you, you can wear what you like! :-)