Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 9 December 2018

The Quest for Consistency

So what's been the landscape of the last few weeks in my training? Illness, some stress and at least 2 attempts to get back on track with consistent training. The main focus is just that; consistency. But also strength work. The strength work has centred on body-weight exercises. I've really got enthusiastic about kettle bell work too. In particular, kettlebell cleans, Turkish get up and single leg deadlifts. This strength work will help injury prevention and help minimise loss of muscle - remember, I'm old! I'm still finding that I am suffering from tight hamstrings, especially after running. What's the answer? More stretching? More strength work? I don't know to be honest. As normal, suck it up and crack on! Nearly 2019 and no race plans as yet. I really want to race but can't plan or enter any events until I know what my work location will be. It's looking like I'll be located at Yeovil but not sure when I'll start. So maybe some short duathlon race focus would be good. That said I'm really enjoying swimming, even though I'm only swimming once a week. Let's see what happens in Jan 2019.

No comments: