Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 23 December 2018

End of Year Push

As 2018 draws to a close I have been pushing to build strength and endurance in preparation for racing in 2019. Quite what races I'll end up doing is an unknown. As my work situation is finally firming up I feel like I can try to focus on some racing. Early season duathlon races are favourable and I think I'm in some sort of condition to actually finish a duathlon and enjoy the experience! I'll settle for that! The last few days have been a steady training load comprising a decent roller session producing some reasonable power levels. After this session I followed it up immediately with some kettlebell conditioning. The next day was an hour run session as 5 min warm up, 8 min half marathon pace, 2 min jog, 6 min increased pace, 2 min jog, 4 min upped pace again, 2 min jog, 2 min fast, 2 min jog. Then repeat this descending set aiming to maintain or increase the pace. This run session left the troublesome hamstrings tight. I'm still building the rehab for this problem but it's annoying! Anyway, the back to back sessions have been tough for this old man! But I'm confident I can build on current physical condition and compete in a few months - if I can settle with the work and domestic situation. Today was a longer easy endurance roller session followed by rehab. A swim set tomorrow will see me to a day off 25 Dec. Something happening that day....

No comments: