Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 29 December 2018

Eyeing a New Start

New year round the corner, new job to commence. . . . . New training and racing focus? I hope so. It struck me recently how important being mentally robust and secure in 'normal' life actually is to producing tangible physical training. Over the last 2 years, since leaving the RAF, 'life' has been tough. As a consequence, training and racing has been very difficult. Lack of racing and training productively adds to the mental strain and so the vicious circle perpetuates. Hence a fresh start for 2019 is really needed. To begin this, I have recommenced my online training diary and kick-started my Strava recording of sessions. Recent training sessions indicate that I am not in bad shape. I have not completed many long sessions and this will be an element to build through Jan/Feb. Swimming is actually in a good place and I am confident of swimming a 6:20 - 6:30 400m if I raced. The majority of bike training has been on rollers, using my Garmin Vector pedals to monitor power levels. Yesterday, for example, I completed a set of 40/20 efforts as 30 min (215W), 5 min RI, 15 min (219W). The effort certainly rasised the steam levels!
Whilst these power levels are nothing great, they are better than last winter equivalent session on the turbo. Running is ok over short blasts. However, the tight glute/hamstring issue remains. I am completing rehab sessions daily - nothing else to do but continue.

No comments: