Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 16 December 2018

A Reasonable Week

After pushing for Consistency last week, it's been a reasonable 7 days of training. I have completed more research on my tight hamstring problem and the thought now is to focus more on glute/hamstring prehab. So I have completed some sort of focused conditioning exercises every day. Today I completed my normal longer/intense session and the tight hamstrings seemed slightly better. I'm not sure if this was down to the fact that I ran for less overall time today than last week. The running this week, however, was more intense, completing only 5k of running as 4 x 1k increasing the effort each rep. Each rep was broken by 7 mins of sweetspot bike effort on the rollers (with 30 sec flat out every 2 min) and 10 min kettlebell conditioning. So the running was carrying quite fatigued legs. Overall, I was happy enough with the run pace for each kilo: 4:04, 3:59, 3:56, 3:51. Whilst not super quick times, the cold and twisty course did impact the running (not forgetting jelly legs!). So let's see how the right hamstrings are tomorrow. The aim is for a swim session to assist recovery. More on swimming next post as, surprisingly, swimming is going OK.

No comments: