Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 6 May 2018

Set Backs

Hello virtual world. Ages since my last Blog. To be frank, not an awful lot going on in my tri ventures. I have had a number of set backs with illness and injury - old age! I have been saying that for the last 10 years! I was feeling like I was getting back to some sort of shape and had entered a local duathlon series. These 3 races are short at 2.5k/10k/2.5k. However, the course is on a local airfield and traffic free. So a good fun race series to start off with for 2018. A calf pull put pay to the first race that should have been on 3 May 18. I had been running well off the bike and certainly capable of running well under 4:00 min per kilometre no matter how hard I ride on the bike. Oh well, the next race is 8 June and I hope to be back to health to enjoy the race. I have upped my bike training due to the fact that I am not running. Yesterday was a glorious sunny day - the first I can remember for ages. So I took the Evo2max out for a spin. A mixed session consisted of a times 10 mile pushed on the Uttoxeter/Denstone road and some hilly efforts. The 10 mile was surprisingly fast at 24:30. Maybe I should enter dome TTs on the Specialized to see if I can get back to decent bike shape!

No comments: