Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 27 May 2018

Tean 10 Mile TT Crawl

Well, after the Tean 10 mile club TT last wed, I am not that happy. I clocked 24:38 by my watch (24:40 official). Not great and I had hoped that I was in better shape than that. I am thinking that my endurance is better than this time last year; however, my top end speed is obviously not there. Part of me thinks that the slow time is just age catching up. But I need to park that thought and just say "so what if it is?!". I enjoyed the blast on the bike and I have hardly completed any intense training sessions - so I can't expect much more. I need to merely keep training intelligently and keep enjoying the racing.
This pic was taken by Gary Main, an ex-RAF colleague now producing some quality sports photography. At least it isn't another turbo training shot! So what next? My calf is slowly recovering and I have started easy jogging. Still not sure that I will make the start line at the next Darley short duathlon. I'll have to make that call nearer the time. I have a dose of the lurgy right now too - maybe the rest will do me good!

No comments: