Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Monday 21 May 2018

Bike Comeback... Run Go Back! Doh!

try. So this calf niggle seems to have dragged on for well over a month now. I thought that it had recovered but after 1k of a run off the bike it pulled again. After an injury free winter and a half decent running base accrued I am somewhat frustrated. The second Darley duathlon is getting closer and I'm now doubting that I will make the start line. This morning I did manage to complete a full set of run drills. I need to take the running very gently now to avoid a relapse. I am getting more quality bike sessions completed, helped by the better weather. Yesterday I felt it was time for some longer sweetspot work. So it was back to my TT stomping ground between Denstone and Uttoxeter to ride an hour at sweetspot. I maintained an NP of 235W. Slightly higher power than aimed for but a good session nonetheless. With the ride there and back it ended up as a 40+ mile session average speed over 20mph. Now I need to get some TTs in to check the form with a number on my back - always makes a difference! The Tean club 10 mile TT series should be under way. I did a couple if these last year when I was virtually doing no training and struggled to get under 25 min. With a pb of 22:41 I would be happy with alow 24 min or, with good conditions, a 23+ clocking. Stand by for the next update.

No comments: