Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Rant Time


Grrrrrrrrr! Getting mightily fed up with motorists lately. I have been doing quite a bit of commuting to work on my bike. The abuse cyclists receive has really been apparant. Today was a particularly bad day and I was REALLY close to letting loose with both barrels at a motorist - And let's face it, I am a placid guy! Today's episode was made worse because the plonker was in a traffic queue on the other side of the road to me! I was not even impacting on him in any way, yet he saw fit to open his mouth and give me the benefit of his undoubtedly superior knowledge on the use of the road and cycle paths (there was no cycle path). He nearly got a mini pump and 3 steel tyre leavers stufed up his nostrils.

Training has been ok, apart from a severe lack of running due to my foot injury. I am getting it looked at tomorrow but I am resigned to the factthat I will not be running well until later in the season - hopefully! I have started to ramp up the turbo efforts but I have no idea how I am going on the bike. i need some TTs to see how I am going!

1 comment:

Daz Sharpe said...

I've had abuse and near miss incidents most days now since I started commuting in June last year. Luckily i've only had one event where I was ready to beat up the driver but he was lucky that his window was closed so it saved him from the flying fist! I think i'm mellowing now though having got used to it.