Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 20 March 2011

Dambuster Duathlon




First race of the season done. I have to say, it was a real shock to the system! I simply have not done the intensity for a blast like this. It was a 10k (actually 9.8k) run, 42k bike, 5k run. Surprisingly, I ran ok and clocked 34:17 for the first run. I always struggle for the first few miles of a duathlon bike. However, I struggled for the first 26 miles in this one! I just never got going. My time wasn't horrendous at 1:0849 but it just wasn't 'there'. The second run was the normal painfest! But a 17:07 split was pleasing - hope the distance was accurate! I'll get some pics up soon.

so an overall 2:01:46 for 20th place overall and an Age Group win. Can't complain but my legs are shot to bits today. But I did win a box of cereal and some wine! Roll on summer!

some great RAF potential new guys out there racing yesterday, which was most pleasing.

6 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

well done buddy, great racing.

in2triathlon said...

I love it. A sub 35min 10k in a duathlon and only "I ran ok". I wish mate. Lol. Bodes well for later.

Unknown said...

looking good sagster! and 1st RAF seeing as PN earned himself a DQ!!

Turbo Man said...

AG win; fantastic Sags mate, very well done.

Mal Rose said...

Awesome times there Sags! Recover well bud!

Sags said...

Too kind fella. I really have not got the intensity training in this year so hopefully some improvements to come.

Anyone notice the slimline Nelly G in his Blog pick?!! Great stuff Neill!