Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 12 March 2011

A Fun Race


Well, I won’t pay the bucks for a branded Ironman event – it’s robbery! But one of the longest running Iron Distance races in existence takes place in Almere, Holland, late August. As it looks like 2012 will be wiped out for me due to an Operational Det during the entire racing season, and whilst I can get mega bike mileage completed cycling to work in my current job, I will attempt an Ironman distance race. It’s just for fun though. I will still have a ‘normal’ season and focus on the National Middle Distance Champs and the Inter-Services Standard Distance.

When I say ‘fun’ I mean race like your life depends on it 8-)

2 comments:

Turbo Man said...

Well done for making the commitment. At long bl00dy last! :-)

Just do what you can in training and then enjoy the day. Life will go on afterwards.

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

It's not a real Ironman though! ;-)