Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 3 February 2011

Swim Emphasis

Yep, I am still focussing on my swimming. Yesterday the main set was 6 x 200 on 4 mins. Most sets lately have quite large recoveries to allow the speed to stay high - well, high as I can push.

Although I wanted to get all 6 around 2:50 I didn't make it. No shocks there then! However, it was probably the best 200 set I have done:

2:52 2:54 2:56 2:57 2:56 2:55.

It was put into perspective by Graham, a guy I have started swimming with, as he mashed up the water clocking 2:30 constantly. He also did 50 kick between each 200 so he could leave on 4 mins with me! Doesn't that just make you sick?!

So when I see all you runners and bikers at the early season duathlons, just remember that I am now a full time swimmer!!

No comments: