Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Stomach Troubles

Pesky tummy bug got me. No training for last 2 days. Very frustrating. . . .

8 comments:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Sorry to hear that Sags!

Don't worry, when you feel better you can smash out 2-3 training each day, that should help! ;-)

Cavegirl said...

I don't know how many ways I can explain to you why you are so susceptible to illness but I'll try again because I really would like to see you well!

High carb intake (particularly from anything grain related) induces large amounts of inflammation, this messes with the immune system and the digestion and allows all manner of crap through that shouldn't be circulating. Over-taxed immune system = one that will catch every bug going ... and yes and high levels of stress (whether that be in your life or physical from sport promotes large amounts of cortisol this also messes with your immune system).

I will keep trying to persuade you or you block me from commenting!

K

Michael said...

Cave girl has sold it to me. Mark, take it easy just 1 day at a time, see how you feel and then maybe come back into training.

Turbo Man said...

Jaffa Cake overload?

Sags said...

I don't think this tummy bug is down to lack of immune system. Rest of family got it too. I seem to be rid of it now. But don't worry, I am easing back into training. . . . .

Daz Sharpe said...

good I can't wait for your next blog update of your "easing back into training" and of course all the comments that will follow LOL

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Train smart dude!

Cavegirl said...

If you all eat the same ...