Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 8 January 2011

Training Week

Well, training has picked up as the week has progressed. I have gradually felt stronger but the first race of the season (Dambuster Duathlon) doesn't seem that far away. We must remember that we can't be in top shape all the time and some races are just what's needed to break out of a training rut to move onto new training levels - well that's whatI tell myself!

So the training week went something like:

Mon - Rest
Tues - Swim. Run
Wed - Swim. Bike
Thurs - Run. Bike
Fri - Turbo and gym strength
Sat - Run

So next week should be back to normal training. Trouble is, I should have attempted a swim 100m TT last week to try and get close to 1:12. However, being ill ruined the timing of the schedule. I may take a shot at it tomorrow but I have not felt in 1:12 shape!!

6 comments:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Good to see you're easing your way back into it Sags, only 8 sessions in 4 days! ;-)

Sags said...

Hey! I thought everyone did at least 2 sessions a day? Do you not? You snooze you lose!

Cavegirl said...

Agreed Frank!

You snooze, you recover.

Michael said...

I think the actually saying is you snooze...tomorrow you can train feeling rested, refreshed and ready to tackle the world.

How is your cold Mr Sags?

Daz Sharpe said...

2 a day monday - friday and sometimes 3 but only because I commute on the bike. 80 % of the commute is done at about 100 - 110 bpm so not hard.

Sags said...

The bike commute makes it a necessity to train twice or 3 times a day. Otherwise you wouldn't get the mix of training completed. My commute is too far to do every day so I mix it up and put bike in the car and commute one way.