Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 14 October 2009

H2O and Wiggo's Book

Be prepared blog readers! I am going to make a statement that has not been heard since young JC helped me with my training in 2006.

I have training plan!! Yep, you heard me correctly! The plan is even in a folder! And the folder has tabs!! You can't get better than that eh!! The comfort associated with a plan is very reassuring and I am already feeling relaxed about training. My swimming feels good and I feel smooth in the water. I am still not speedy but I should gain some speed by the summer. My biking is reduced in preparation for some steady periodisation. My running is much the same - reduced in volume (well I was starting to do too much). Not sure what I will do next year but I know that I will plan to do as many bike time trials as possible. By time trials, I mean organised club or open TTs. In my opinion, there is nowt better to improve your biking.

Recent training:

Sunday: 10 mile easy run that felt awful! Achilles was 'so so'.
Monday: Swim and easy turbo
Tuesday: 34 mile steady pre-work road ride. Lovely and crisp in the morning air. Easy 30 min run after work.
Wednesday: Swim in morning and turbo technique at lunch. Swim sessions building up now:

Warm Up: 6 x 150 20s RI mixing drill and full stroke
Main Set: 2 x 600 as 1st rep swim. 2nd set pull. 65% effort that felt hard at the end for my unfit upper body!
Warm Down: 100 super slow. Some 50s bilat breathing.


Been reading Brad Wiggins' book In Pursuit of Glory. It is a good read if you like bike stuff. Having seen most of the stuff he is talking about, it makes for motivating stuff. And, you realise just what a fantastic pursuit rider he is/was! He has had his share of personal problems too; I can relate to that!!

2 comments:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Wiggo's book was an excellent read, he certainly know's how to enjoy himself!

jc said...

Mrs JC refused to let me buy the hardback Wiggo book - fair enough it was nearly 20 quid. So I waited for about 12 months for the paperback to come out. No sign! Mrs JC then gets it from the library for me - great. 2 days after finishing it I see the paperback copy in a London bike shop - and bloody updated for the TdF this year!!!! Poo.