Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Monday 5 October 2009

Bonk Rd

Been feeling very tired since the Honington 10k. Not quite sure what is going on but the legs just don’t work. I did some easy bike spins and drill swim sessions on Thursday and Friday. I took Saturday off completely (really had to force myself for that day off!). On Sunday I thought a nice easy long run would be called for. I set off and instantly knew that the legs were on a go-slow day. Never mind, I thought, as once I loosened off I would be able to run easy. Easy never came and I struggled terribly all the way round. Once home, I jumped on the turbo and spent 15 mins spinning the legs off.

Today I cycled to Henlow for a meeting. I managed to set off at 0530 and arrived in time for a swim session. Didn’t feel too bad. After the meeting I set off back for Wyton. Somewhere along the way I took a turn towards Bonk Rd.


I was in a right state – my mouth watering at the thought of a full roast beef dinner. I was seriously bonking and my feet felt so heavy. . . couldn’t feel my legs at all; it was just as if I had heavy feet that were attached to nothing. Weird eh?!!

This experience has put me off a possible Ironman attempt next year. All that aerobic stuff, pacing, thinking what to wear and what to eat bla bla. . . . . I am confused as to which direction to go in next year. Maybe I should just stick with the normal short, hard and full-on stuff? Make use of time trialing for bike speed and hang on for the run.

My depleted body is too fatigued to think straight right now, so it’s off to try and bag some rest.

1 comment:

Turbo Man said...

I will be needing a runner for my 2010 IM-distance relay team efforts next year. Or a swimmer/runner. Think about it.