Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 23 October 2009

Basics


It's been a week since my last post, which is quite a gap for me. My training has been back to basics, with little intensity. My swimming continues to feel good -it's not fast but I am doing more distance along with technique.

My achilles is good some days and not so good other days. The rehab exercises continue and I think I will be doing them for the next 30 years! Most of my cycling has been on the turbo with some heart rate stuff and single leg drills.

So there you have it! I am officially old and slow!

I helped with the Henlow 10 road race organisation last Wednesday. I coordinated the results and timing. Man, I felt as though I had actually ran the race by the end of the day! The race was won in a relatively slow 58:02. It turns out that most of the RAF fast boys had been racing at the Amsterdam half marathon the previous weekend; hence the reduced entry from the top RAF runners. I find it confusing that RAF Athletics requested that the Henlow 10 race be brought forward to mid-October (the day before the Spadeadam half-marathon) and then send all their runners to Holland the weekend before - why? it's a shame that Daz Sharpe couldn't make it (house conversion problems) as he is running well.

As for this weekend, it's more steady turbo stuff and a reduced long run to save my achilles. Instead of a 1hr 30min run I will do an hour run and 30 min turbo.

Best wishes to Mal Rose, who undergoes some hospital vein work on his legs. . . Yuk! Recover well and come back stronger next year (but not too strong dude!)

1 comment:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

I wish I was as slow as you! ;-)