Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 12 May 2009

Time Trials Hurt. . . .

. . . and make you pull funny faces.



I am currently working with my personal bike position consultant (Turbo Man) to tweak my TT position further. I have changed my position quite a lot since last year but there is worth in trying to tilt my forearms up. This will involve some construction work on the pads and bar extensions - all good fun if there are some spare hours in the day (not many of those lately).

Strange, though, the more time trialling I do, the more the pain feels 'normal'. I have another club 10 TT this evening but the weather forecast is not good. I just hope that it is not cancelled as I need my fix of pain!

Still no running for me, due to the achilles injury, and my swimming is ticking over at best. Seeing the results come in now that the race season has started is proving quite difficult for me! I will miss the Brize Srint next week. having done all of the sprints for the last 3 years, it will feel strange not racing. I probably enjoy the RAF sprints the most out of any races that I have competed at. It is just good fun and enjoyable to catch up with buddies not seen for a while. Oh well, I leave for a family holiday next Thursday to Annecy in the French Alps. It will be a lot of travelling but hopefully worth the trip. In the hope of entertaining my family during the 10 hour drive through France I have rigged up an in car movie theatre - it's amazing what you can do with heavy duty velcro! I will get some pics up, just in case anyone is interested! My bike is coming and I hope to get some mountain rides in and some swimming in the outdoor pool.

1 comment:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

There seems to be something wrong with this picture. It surely can't be a picture of you young Sags, as this person has a strange red cycling kit on, and not your correct "club" kit. Any comment Sags?