Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 14 May 2009

Another Bike PB!


Always look before overtaking!


Well, last night I pitched up at the club 10 mile TT relishing yet another flat out blast. It was cold but the wind had dropped slightly by the time I had ridden out to Sawtry. By riding out to the race I get a total ride of about 34 miles (ride to race, warm up, 10 mile TT, ride home) and complete a decent mid week session. I normally try and hold 20mph on the ride home too, so there is a good amount of quality in the session too.

I set off trying out a slightly slower cadence than I normally push - not that I count; I just go by feel. I narrowly avoided the hedge as I swung around the first roundabout. I now stay on the tri bars for this first roundabout and try and keep the speed up. My minute man was no where to be seen so it was head down and work the slight incline that feels more like a mountain when going flat out! After the turn I had my minute man in my sights and I caught him with a bout 2 miles to go. I got within reach of my 2 minute man also but he remained about 2 bike lengths ahead as I crossed the finish line. Not seen the official time yet but I made it 23:36. That is another PB on that course. Maybe with some sun and the right air pressure I could get close to breaking 23 mins.

Oh yes, I have done some swimming this week but TTs are sooooooooo much more fun!

No comments: