Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 8 March 2009

TT Bike is Cruising

It’s been a busy weekend at home and although Saturday was a recovery day, I felt lousy all day. I thought I might be coming down with an illness but I seemed better today. My continuing uneasiness with my bike set up caused me to take the plunge and change the extensions on the aero bars of my race bike. Gone are the angled carbon bars that I have used for the last 2 years.

The replacements are the Profile T2 (almost straight; they have a mild kink) extensions that were on my training bike. I can only think that I needed to change them due to the increased amount of time I spent in an aero tuck on my training bike during winter training. The swap entailed changing the bar end shifters, which, in turn, meant rethreading the gear cables – a pain, but it went ok.
I put some training wheels n the race bike and it was ready for trial during a longer ride. As St Ives CC were holding their 100 mile reliability ride today, I opted to train with Turbo Man. The Reliability Ride would have been good but I don’t need to ride 100 miles and it would also mean that I was away nearly all day. As it turned out me and T Man had a nice ride, covering over 90k. I had planned to do a couple of tempo 20 min efforts at a brisk but not too hard pace. We did a large loop before entering the local 10 mile TT course. Then it was onto the aero bars for at least 20 mins. I think the tempo effort was around 28 mins and I felt reasonably comfortable, though I have no idea how fast we were going as i do not use a speedo with the race bike. Turbo Man was tucked nicely in my wheel and I am sure he was falling asleep behind me! The new set up felt good – Hoorah! I am lower than last year and narrower too. Hopefully this will result in more speed. I have the capacity to go even lower at the front end and I may play around with this during the club evening time trials in April.
Anyway, another week starts and I hope to really build on the full stroke swimming. Additionally, I aim to get Nige Porter out training on the bike next Sunday! What do you reckon the chances of that are? He is Mr secretive when it come to bike training!

A huge well done to RAF Tri members:

Daz Sharpe – for hanging tough when the chips were down due to his illness. Today I know he completed a 1500m swim, 10k run and a 112 mile turbo ride! And he is still not that well! Stay healthy Daz and sub 10 hours at IM Brazil shall be yours!

John Crewe – for a great run in the Milton Keynes half-marathon. He clocked 1:19, which is non too shabby! JC is looking good for the London Marathon.

Paul Fullalove – for completing a 23 mile training run in 2:58 in preparation for his London Marathon. That is a decent training run Paul; sub 3 hours at London?!

Bev Childs – for winning here age group at the clumber Park Duathlon. . . Again! Looks like bev has started 2009 the same as she finished 2008 – more victories to come?!

Mike Masters – for finishing well up the field in the Clumber Park Sprint Duathlon, despite suffering with cramp. Will 2009 see Mike put it all together and perform to his potential?!

TTFN

2 comments:

Turbo Man said...

Falling asleep? You darn near killed me!

Daz Sharpe said...

kind words my friend. Looks like you are in form at the moment. Keep up the good work.