Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 11 January 2009

A Good Week

This week has been a good week of training. I have felt strong on most sessions and hit the numbers I set myself on the turbo efforts. After the long hard ride last Sunday I had an easy day on Monday. I then hit the gym on Tuesday and did my conditioning session. The squats went well but the tabata intervals were down on speed. I put this down to the increased weight of the squats. 20 rep squats with a weight exceeding bodyweight are hard and leave the legs dead. The good thing is that i completed each 20 rep set with more strength to spare (don't get me wrong, they were hard but I could have done heavier). I was sensible and saved increasing the weight further until next time. Friday was the next hard session. I completed my 6 min turbo efforts with an average power of nearer 310W. My target was 305W so this is good. I then did 400m run efforts with 1 min recovery. These were far faster than previously for no extra effort. It is good to feel strong and after the good long ride last week I started to wonder why I was feeling stronger. Could it be my increased consumption of For Goodness Shakes? It certainly feels good to get regular recovery drinks after training. Normally, it's just more Jaffa Cake! Not much protein in those though! However, the turbo followed by a run interval session is hard . Even after a day off on Sat, I felt tired today as I started the St Ives CC Club Ride.
The wind was smack in the face for 30 miles. It was ok whilst in a group riding through and off. However, I stopped for a comfort break and the group didn't wait for me. This is not a problem as I didn't expect them to wait. I even suspected they might stick the boot in for revenge for all the times I have stuck the boot in! It took me 4 miles to catch the group and my legs were jelly! A lovely feeling. Soon after that we hit the coffee stop and I was ready for that. With the wind behind us on the return section the pace was high and some of the hills split the group. My legs recovered quickly and I started to 'feel the bike' more. Before i knew it, it was me sticking the boot in. my easy ride was out the window. oh well, if it not going to be easy, it may as well be hard! It was most enjoyable but tiring by the time we finished.



Here is my advertisement for FGS! Thanks for the recovery. I whack a spoon full of creatine in and warm up the choc malt in the microwave - lovely!

I had a restful day yesterday with my youngest daughter, CJ. It was her birthday last Wed and on Sat we did the movies and Frankie & Bennies for nosh. She had a great time and I can't believe that she is 8 years old already. I must be getting old! Here she is enjoying her meal with her friends. Guess which one is mine!



Train well Bloggers

5 comments:

Turbo Man said...

Your training diary scares me!

Iron Girl said...

You're not the only one who's scared Turbo. Reading Sags' training update make sme want to hide under my duvet for winter.

Daz Sharpe said...

Nice work my friend. Just to strike a balance on the other comments your training diary doesn't scare me!

Sags said...

Quite right Daz! It shouldn't scare you. I am having 2 days a week off. march will really see the effort raised.

Daz is really packing in the training. 2009 could be the year of the Sharpe!!

Turbo Man said...

I see Sags is playing down his chanes again, and will then just blow everyone away with his performances once more. When Sags says he is overweight and underperforming be afraid; be very afraid.

You're right Daz, it's not Sags' training diary that scares me - it's Sags himself!