Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Monday 26 January 2009

Anybody out there watched the Tour De France and cringed as a cyclist gets spat out of the back of the peleton? That was me on the club ride yesterday. After the good session on Friday I knew that I had good legs, but maybe I had over done things? By Sunday, I just could not pedal properly and for the first time since I started riding with the club, I was dropped. The guys did ease up and wait for me but I told them to continue without me as I would only hold them back. I eased off and linked up with someone else who had been dropped and completed the ride to the coffee stop as a duo. Still enjoyable but I didn’t really feel good at any point of the ride. After the coffee stop we regrouped. However, on the return leg, I was dropped again. I just couldn’t hold the pace. I am not too worried, as I had had quite a hard week and you don’t turn into a bad cyclist over night. However, I do feel the need to prove to myself that it was just an off day; hence I may test myself next Sunday, after I am sure that I have recovered properly. I am having a long over due easy week now – would sure appreciate you bloggers reminding me that I am supposed to be having an easy week!


What do you reckon to this as a solution to my bad ride?!


Yes it does have a motor on it.

1 comment:

Turbo Man said...

Don't worry about it, take it as a message from your body that it needs some recovery time. So, take it easy, do lots of stretching, core work and maybe some gentle spinning to keep the legs turning over (eg 30 - 40 minute recovery sessions on the turbo at 70% of FTP). Concentrate on drills in the pool and leave all the hard work out of it. Your body will appreciate it and you will be rewarded next Sunday when your kick their butts!