Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 30 January 2009

Easy Week & Swimming in Knots!



My easy recovery week has progressed well. I have been training very easy! I did, however, race a Lincs Services Cross Country League race at RAF Wittering on Wednesday. It was wet, muddy and tough going – complete with stampeding horses! I managed to grab 3rd place but it should have been 4th because Al Turnbull eased up and allowed me to finish ahead of him. He was taking it easy but as he belongs to the same team as me I suppose he must have felt sorry for me when he looked back and saw the pain I was in from my exertions! I really had to push hard to catch 2 guys in the last 2 miles and the up hill finish ended up being a sprint for me. Consequently, I am still a tadge sore today. So, it was just an easy swim today.

Talking of swimming, my drills are still going well. However, I have been trying to include more full stroke swimming during January, and it feels terrible! I have another Swimshack coached session planned for 20 Feb. I hope to work on transition from drill to swim during the session. After all the work I have put in over the winter I will be disappointed not to improve my swimming times during 2009.

The club ride on Sunday may see me bag 70 miles on the bike but the weather forecast is not good. Snow is expected. I am banking on the snow moving in during the afternoon. Whatever the weather, I hope to ride stronger than last week!

2 comments:

Turbo Man said...

Hey buddy, not liking that weather forecast. It's a beautiful sunny day and 25 degrees C here; am taking an early finish to get some bike time in and may even get to the outdoor pool for some splashing (swimming not going well at the moment!). I guess it will be back into the winter kit next weekend for the bike rides. I'm not brave enough to tackle the fast St Ives group until I've got some road miles under my belt, although I might try the medium group. See you soon.

Daz Sharpe said...

Nice work on Wednesday mate. Keep up with the swimming I'm sure the improvements will come and you will reap the benefits.