Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. πŸ€• 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 21 January 2023

New Training Focus

 At the risk of repeating myself, it’s now time to try and transition my strength focus - 6 months progression in the gym - to make use of what I hope is a stronger base to build run and bike speed. I’ve been adding more intensity to bike and run sessions but nothing too crazy. I’ve had one pure run interval session outside and it was ok - the feelings were definitely that if power and potential to turn strength into speed. 

The weather has been pretty bad the last couple of weeks has been icy and cold. So my increased intensity has been in the form of turbo short workouts followed by treadmill hill sessions straight off the bike. I’ve maintained the strength work though; focusing on single leg Plyo work. 

So, with the weather due to warm up a bit next week, I aim to commence track sessions againπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘ŠπŸ™Œ. I’m really looking forward to this as I’ve always been really at home on the track . . . Takes me back to my youth running at Leicester πŸƒ‍♂️ But I do need to ease into track work. It can be pretty heavy on the old bones. The trick is to run at 85-90% effort. Let’s see how it goes. . . . 

No comments: